Ontario Tech University recognizes you have big questions about what the university experience will look like in Fall 2020, whether you're returning to school or just starting your studies.
Ontario Tech Experience Guarantee
That's why Ontario Tech is offering all students an Experience Guarantee. Any full- or part-time student enrolled in the Fall 2020 term not satisfied with the quality of their university experience can withdraw from their program by Friday, October 9, and receive a full tuition refund, without penalty.
You can feel confident about enrolling in the fall, knowing that Ontario Tech's No. 1 priority is to maintain a safe, healthy and engaging experience for all on campus.
The university is committed to helping you reach your goals by ensuring academic programming for the upcoming fall and winter semesters provides continuity, while offering you the highest-quality university experience possible.
Ontario Tech's blended-learning advantage
Ontario Tech's plans for the fall focus on a blended-learning approach that combines the delivery of most of its academic programming through online channels, together with active hands-on learning on campus where possible, in accordance with Government of Ontario and public-health guidelines.
Thanks to its long-standing commitment to embedding technology throughout its market-driven programs, campus environment and research, Ontario Tech is uniquely positioned to adapt to technological changes that will ensure students get the most out of their university experience.
What to expect at Ontario Tech for Fall 2020 and beyond
While the university will probably offer the majority of its programs online for the fall and winter semesters, students will continue to have everything they need for a well-rounded university experience:
- Online channels will deliver both real-time and recorded lectures, as well as course material and a wide range of academic content. This will enhance the educational experience while maximizing flexibility so students can balance their personal schedules, jobs and family demands with learning.
- In-person learning experiences, focusing on areas that are more challenging to transition online, such as labs, simulations, practicums, and research activities, will prepare students for success in the real world once they graduate.
- Modern, digital platforms, program-specific software and applications, more intuitive digital student experiences, and enhancements to the Ontario Tech mobile app to support the overall student experience.
- Opportunities to get involved and make lasting connections online and in-person (as allowed) through peer-leader programming, health and wellness activities, clubs and societies.
- Continued availability of supports to ensure student success, including financial aid, accessibility services, mental and physical health services, career planning, counselling, and tutoring, offered online with extended hours, providing even more personalized access.
Fall and Winter course information is available
Faculties and course instructors have completed the first part of their planning. You can now access course schedules and information about the delivery method for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 courses to get a better idea of what the upcoming academic year will look like.
Course registration opens in late June. We look forward to seeing you!
Get Started at Ontario Tech University