What is ScholarshipsCanada?
ScholarshipsCanada.com matches you to scholarships that fit your unique profile. With thousands of awards from schools, corporations, and non-profit organizations, you're sure to find a scholarship that fits.
What do I need to do?
To get set up, register for an account with ScholarshipsCanada.com. It's totally free and takes about 10 minutes.
Don't worry about getting everything perfect your first time through. If you're pressed for time, focus on the following:
- The school(s) you're interested in attending
- The field(s) of study that interest you: like computer science, genetics, and so on
- Personal hobbies and activities, like rock climbing, piano, and so on
When you've signed up, you'll get a list of matching scholarships with deadlines on the way. Some will match beautifully, and others will not: use the checkmark and X buttons beside each listing to save or remove awards as you browse.
Once you've had a look through your matches, try updating your profile and getting a new batch of results. Some pro tips to keep in mind when updating your profile:
- Be generic with your field of study for broader results. For example, "biology" has many variations. For the widest scope of awards, choose "Biology, General" instead of "Biomechanics", for example.
- Three of the most popular "activities" include Leadership, School or Community Involvement, and Volunteer. If you can make a credible argument for including these on your profile, do so! You'll likely get matched to more awards.
- Try your luck with Location. Even if you've got your heart set on a certain school, try browsing other provinces or countries. You may find some great awards you'd never expect!
Adjusting and reworking your profile now and then is a good habit that will help you reach the widest array of scholarships.
We add new awards to the database all the time. Be sure to log in periodically to check out the latest additions.
When you do so, don't forget to update your profile. Keeping your profile up-to-date ensures you'll get the most relevant listings delivered straight to you. If you've enrolled in school, add it to your profile! You'll get listings for that school even while you're studying.
For more info, check out the ScholarshipsCanada Tips section, and for answers to frequently asked questions, visit the FAQs page.
Can't this info come directly to me?
You can get scholarship info sent right to your inbox by subscribing to Scholarship Deadline Alerts. This is an automated monthly email that lets you know about matching scholarships that will expire soon.
Most students apply right before the deadline, so this heads-up email can be invaluable in getting your applications in on time.
You'll be asked to subscribe at the end of your ScholarshipsCanada.com signup, so don't skip it. There are other fun subscriptions to consider, too, like newsletters and announcements. But definitely don't sleep on the Scholarship Deadline Alerts!
Best of luck on your scholarship search with ScholarshipsCanada.com!
Get matched at ScholarshipsCanada.com