Villa Charities Undergraduate and Graduate Student Scholarships
If you've demonstrated leadership qualities and are passionate about your field of study, Villa Charities wants to help fund your tuition!
The Villa Charities Scholarship Program provides financial support to Undergraduate and Graduate level students who believe in and help further Villa Charities' mission to enrich lives through experiences and services that honour Italian culture and heritage. Any person, regardless of heritage, that helps further this mission is encouraged to apply.
We offer two scholarship programs for students at an accredited Canadian university or college, who meet the program criteria. These scholarships are meant to help students pay their tuition costs.
Villa Charities Undergraduate Student Scholarship
The Villa Charities Undergraduate Student Scholarship offers 4 awards of $2,500 that are available to full-time undergraduate students.
Villa Charities Graduate Student Scholarship
The Villa Charities Graduate Student Scholarship offers 4 awards of $5,000 that are available to full-time students pursuing their graduate studies.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for either the undergraduate or graduate scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- registered in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited Canadian university or college
- have a GPA of 3.5+
- students must be Canadian citizens or have permanent-residence status
- demonstrates leadership qualities through various means such as volunteer community service
- exhibits passion in their field of study. Preference given to students who demonstrate special interest in Italian heritage and culture as part of their program of study, such as through a co-op, internship, and/or an applied research project.
- written essay (500 words) describing how they help further Villa Charities' mission — to enrich lives through experiences and services that honour Italian culture and heritage
How do I apply?
To apply for either the undergraduate scholarship or the graduate scholarship, you must submit your application and supporting documents through the online application portal by June 30, 2023, to be awarded for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Make sure you review our submission checklist (PDF) to ensure you have all the documents you need to apply!
Explore how you can honour Italian heritage and culture with Villa Charities:
The deadline for both scholarships is June 30, 2023, so get your application in before then!
Apply now for a Villa Charities scholarship