If you're an Indigenous student, in or about to begin college or university, you could be eligible for one of 25 Indigenous scholarships from TD! (conditions apply) Financing your education can be an expensive task, but there are scholarships available that could help decrease your costs. TD Canada Trust created a scholarship program to help students like you!
The TD Scholarship for Indigenous Peoples
Amount: up to $60,000 over the next four years
Number of scholarships available: 25
Deadline to apply: November 6, 2023
TD and AFOA Canada understand that students from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities face unique challenges and systemic barriers that can make getting a post-secondary education difficult. That's why they created the TD Scholarship for Indigenous Peoples to help you access the education you want.
The 25 recipients of this scholarship will each get $60,000 over four years! Each recipient, for up to four years, will receive $10,000 to put towards tuition, plus an additional $5,000 for living expenses.
Not only will you lighten your educational costs, but you'll also have some money to put towards your rent or utility bills!
As a bonus, this scholarship also includes a summer employment opportunity at TD!
Am I eligible for a TD Scholarship for Indigenous Peoples?
To be eligible, you must be First Nations, Métis, and Inuit who are members / citizens of a First Nation, Métis, or Inuit community, and you need to:
- Have applied for, or are currently enrolled in a full-time, minimum two-year, program with an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada
- Do not concurrently hold a scholarship with any other financial institutions
- Do not concurrently hold a scholarship with any other organization that totals more than twenty thousand ($20,000) CAD for each year of your program
- Remain in good academic standing in your program at an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada
- Accept and complete each of the TD summer employment opportunities
For a complete terms & conditions, including eligibility requirements, visit td.com/indigenousscholarship.
How can I apply for a TD Scholarship for Indigenous Peoples?
All you need to do is apply online. Remember, you will need to submit the following documents with your application:
- Proof that you've applied for, or are enrolled in, a full-time, minimum two-year program at an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada
- A reference letter (from someone other than a family member)
Make sure you submit these documents with your application before the deadline of November 6, 2023.
Now's your opportunity to receive a scholarship which could support you in achieving your educational and career goals. So, don't wait — apply now for the TD Scholarships for Indigenous Peoples!
Apply now for a TD Scholarship for Indigenous Peoples